The following news item is being sent to DACF subscribers as a courtesy.
New Farmer Twilight Meeting – Agritourism in Alna, ME
Please join the UMaine Extension’s (UMCE) Maine New Farmers’ Project for a New Farmers’ educational Twilight Meeting at Sealyon Farm in Alna, ME.
Event Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 5–7 p.m.
Meeting Address: SeaLyon Farm 1788 Alna Rd, Alna ME 04535
- Farmer hosts Don and Marcia Lyons, SeaLyon Farm, will offer a farm tour, UMCE New Farmers’ Project staff, plus other agricultural service providers will offer insight about Maine agritourism.
- Come with questions about starting agritourism on commercial farms in Maine.
- For more information or a reasonable accommodation, please contact Chris Howard at email@example.com
The Maine Department of Agriculture Conservation & Forestry agritourism webpagehas information, including some of the resources featured below.
- Liability in Maine Agritourism Statute – Review the State of Maine statute about agritourism liability.
- Maine Agritourism Liability Sign, Print-ready, 24 x 30-inch (PDF) – Includes required language from liability statute. May be used as an option to professionally printed sign, which can be displayed during agritourism activities.
- Maine Bureau of Insurance, Consumer Guide to Insuring Your Farm (PDF) – This covers the basics of property and liability coverage.
- Integrating Safety into Agritourism – These checklists are designed to help farms identify potential safety hazards, learn how to implement safety strategies, and address identified safety issues.
- Signs -Catalog of food safety, zoonotic disease, hand-washing – Includes pre-made signs to help you share important messages about farm, animal, and people’s health. To order or download for printing.
- Preparation Checklist (PDF) – Suggestions to get ready to host visitors