Hello from the Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry (MDACF) Maine Building management team for the Big E fair! We have a great response from brands and businesses who want to help showcase the best of Maine during the Big E fair this season, and there’s still time to get involved.
We are sharing three ways to get involved, and a reminder: March 1 is near, which means so are two important deadlines for this annual event.
Do you or someone you know want to represent Maine at the 2023 Big E Fair in West Springfield, Massachusetts? Please help spread the word and share this email with anyone curious about this tradition of showcasing the best of Maine this fall.
– Sincerely, Maine Building Management, MDACF
Three ways to represent Maine during the Big E fair this season:
- Showcase the best of Maine to thousands of fairgoers who come to the Maine Building. Applications due 3/1
- Serve as a Maine Day talent. Interest form due 3/1
- Participate in the Big E fair events! The fair hosts agricultural events and competitions all year, and a daily parade during the fair.
Apply to promote your brand, sell your products, and highlight Maine experiences in the State of Maine Building at the Big E Fair managed by MDACF staff.
- Exhibitor application due March 1.
- The application takes 15-20 minutes. We anticipate announcing the selected awardees in April.
- There are 17-day (whole fair), short-term (5-6 day), and single-day options – Maine Day, 9/16/23, and Harvest New England Day, 9/29/23.
- We welcome questions – send us an email: ACFBigE@Maine.Gov
- Find resources, application tutorials, past attendance numbers and visitor stats, FAQs, and key dates, etc.: www.maine.gov/dacf/bigemainebuilding
- Curious about the look, feel, space, attendance, and opportunities? Watch this MDACF Facebook video with 2022 season highlights.
- We’re looking for people who want to showcase their talent, be friendly and welcoming to Building visitors, answer questions about Maine, and help create a memorable day for all.
- Want to see some examples of what we mean? Check out the MDACF Real Maine Facebook page for examples of talent, ambassadors, and experiencesfeatured during Maine Day 2022.
- Maine Day is the first Saturday of the fair. Each New England state has a dedicated day to celebrate and promote its state.
- Maine Day Interest Form due March 1. Details are included in the form.
The Big E fair hosts many activities. You can visit the fair web pages or contact the fair directly about the following opportunities.
- Agricultural events and features – scholarships, farmer recognition programs, ag educational events during the fair and all year.
- Agricultural competitions – cheesemaking, cider, livestock, equine, sheep dog trials, 4-H, FFA, Christmas Tree, New England produce, and more!
- During the fair, there is a daily parade. If you’re interested, please email the fair or copy and paste the following: email@example.com
- Big E Fair Calendar and Events
- MDACF Maine Building webpage: Maine.Gov/DACF/bigemainebuilding
- Building Management Email: ACFBigE@Maine.gov
- 2023 Event Dates: Sept. 15 – Oct. 1, 2023
- Maine Day: Saturday Sept. 16, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Harvest New England Day: Friday Sept. 29, 10 AM to 5 PM
The Big E Fair Equals Big Opportunity for Maine Businesses
Producers of delicious foods and beverages and highly saleable handmade items are strongly encouraged to apply to become Maine Building vendors
Augusta, ME – The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry’s Agricultural Resource Development Division (ARD) announced the opening of its application period for Maine Building vendors at the 2023 Big E Fair in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Located on the Fair’s Avenue of States, which features replicas of each New England state’s original statehouse, the Maine Building showcases Maine’s uniqueness, extreme high quality, and world-renowned character. More than two dozen Maine companies gather in the Maine Building each September to sell their products to fairgoers seeking favorites like stuffed baked potatoes and smoked salmon on a stick, blueberry treats, Maine beers and wines, and all things handmade. For 17 days, the Maine building comes to life and is a destination for its aromas, sights and sounds, warm hospitality, and authentic Maine experience. In 2022, the Big E welcomed more than 1.6 million visitors, with an estimated 100K+ passing through the Maine Building; the total estimated Maine Building sales during the fair topped $1 million. The 2023 Big E begins Friday, September 15, and runs continuously through Sunday, October 1.