The Governor’s Recommended Budget for the 2024-2025 biennium includes $10 million in General Fund appropriations over the biennium. This is an increase of 18.5% over total appropriations enacted for the 2022-2023 biennium through the Second Regular Session of the 130th Legislature.
The Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry has requested a budget increase of 32.61%, from $83 Million to $111 Million.
The proposed ACF Budget includes:
- $1 Millon in funding for ongoing expenses related to PFAS
- Hiring an additional MMPI Inspector
- Increased support for Maine Milk Commission
- Increased support for the Board of Pesticide Control
- $1.5 Million for greenhouses to enhance community-based opportunities for food production
- $2 Million funding for the Farmers Drought Relief Grant Program
- $3 Million for the Maine Healthy Soils Program
AFA hearings will be conducted over the next few weeks.