Farm Labor Link Network
AUGUSTA – This month the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (DACF) and the Maine Department of Labor (DOL) are teaming up with farmers across Maine to launch Farming-For-ME (#FarmingForME) an agricultural job recruiting campaign.
This campaign is aimed to assist the Maine farming community by connecting employers with potential employees through DOL’s existing Maine JobLink labor exchange. We hope that openings can be filled while educating Mainers generally about opportunities in agriculture.
Maine JobLink is a web-based, federally-funded self-service recruitment solution, allowing employers to:
- Create and post job openings
- Search thousands of resumes to find the ideal candidate
- Expand search beyond Maine with access to national job boards
- Research labor market information
- Post jobs on CareerCenter social networking sites (Twitter and Facebook)
- Participate in special initiatives, hiring events, and partnerships
Let’s get to work! Start hiring now by taking these three steps:
- Register for an account and post your openings on DOL’s Maine JobLink
- Promote your openings on your social media platforms using our #FarmingForME Resource Guide for suggested social media messages and sharable graphics
- Visit DACF’s Farm Labor Link Network for additional resources on hiring incentive programs, job posting guidance, legal resources, and more. And to sign up for our newsletters to stay connected on additional campaign efforts.
For more information please contact:
Yvette Meunier, Farm Labor Link Network Coordinator, email@example.com
Julie Kramer, Maine JobLink Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org